Actions and Detail Panel
What will it take for Tasmania to have Australia’s healthiest population by...
Wed. 31 August 2016, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm AEST
Please note the change of venue from the Inveresk campus to the Newnham campus.
Tasmanians currently experience some of the worst population health outcomes in the country, with high rates of chronic disease and health risk factors like smoking, obesity, poor nutrition, low physical activity levels and risky alcohol consumption. Inspired by the Government’s Healthy Tasmania plan and the goal to make Tasmania the healthiest population in Australia by 2025, this public panel will probe the question: what will it take?
- Jerril Rechter, Chief Executive Officer VicHealth
- Graeme Lynch, Chief Executive Officer Heart Foundation
- Sue Costello, Manager 26TEN
- Angela Martin, Associate Dean (Research) Tasmanian School of Business & Economics
- Facilitated by Dr Norman Swan, Producer and presenter of the Health Report