“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” - Socrates
At Base, we've been working to pioneer Australia’s first urban coliving development here in Melbourne. It’s getting close and our next step is to facilitate our Weave event series.
We’ve pulled together an intimate and exciting experience to launch the series and give you a taste of the ‘mindful culture’ we will be nurturing and empowering throughout the series.
There'll be fortnightly campfire-style gatherings and monthly skills based co-creation workshops and classes - a full Base update and overview of the series will be shared on the night. Opportunities to be involved and part of the community will also be shared.
All entertainment, drinks and nibbles provided for $5. You can register beforehand or pay by cash on the door also.
We’d love to see you then and invite you to be part of the new living movement here in Melbourne.
//What the evening will entail:
- Live set by Xi-Tika (Jaiia Cerff)
- Spoken word poetry performance by Abe Nouk
- African drumming workshop by Kofi Kunkpe
- Facilitated workshop and talk by Base Commons founder, Al Jeffery
- Gifts from some of our ‘Community Partners’
//The Base ethos (we ask that we all are aware of these):
- We nurture diversity and diverse opinion
- All are welcome and expected to welcome all
- Through acknowledging the place in which we are in, we make conscious effort to leave a net-positive footprint
For more information on Base Commons you can head to www.basecommons.com
BIG love, the Base family.