Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
The first three years of life are, in a sense, the most striking. The phenomenal amount of growth and development that occurs during this time has no other comparison across the lifespan. Considering this, the knowledge and skill required of educators to progress positive outcomes for our youngest children in their care is critical.
In this workshop, we will unpack what contemporary thinking and practice is in the area of infant and toddler programs, and what we need to know to ‘go beyond everyday practice’ and be exceptional within this space.
This workshop is aimed at getting to the central core of your work - that of relationships – and examining the implementation of relationship based approaches within your programs for infants and toddlers. You will:
- Refresh your knowledge of the critical windows of development opportunity
- Gain a better understanding of the models of relationship based approaches
- Unpack primary caregiving and how you can engage with this, and other similar approaches
- Examine how your structures (routines, group size, staffing model) help or hinder
- Consider how to provide responsive, individualised care and education within a group setting
- How the ‘everyday moments’ can be turned into ‘significant moments’ for infants, toddlers and ourselves
- Discuss what the environment looks like within a relationships based approach
- Share how relationships can be used as a launchpad for learning within infants and toddlers.
This workshop will focus your priorities and encourage you to engage in and develop meaningful, honest and trusting relationships with infants and toddlers.
We believe that adult learning doesn't just happen in one day but over time, just like all learning. To faciliate this we have finessed the art of reflection, discussion and action to ensure you get the very best from this workshop.
To embed your learning we invite you to join us online. Our ongoing approach is for a further 6 weeks and will consist of 'on the job' experiences, reflection, online coaching and discussion. This will provide you with the opportunity to ask questions, learn from and with others and challnege your current practice to ensure a cycle of continuous improvement.
Morning tea & lunch provided.
Date and Time
Victoria University Convention Centre, Sunshine Campus
Gate 1, 460 Ballarat Road
Sunshine, Victoria 3020