Actions and Detail Panel
Vic - Geelong - What's this ship I'm Captain of? Leadership & leading thro...
Wed. 24 May 2017, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm AEST
Does the day to day management of the centre sidetrack you from focussing on the important stuff of educating children, connecting with families and supporting your team?
Do you go home exhausted or are you happy to turn up to work each day?
What about your team members - are they happy to be working in your centre?
Managing a centre, educating children, connecting with parents & keeping your team on track and moving forward can be a tough ship to sail.
Leading teams is not something we 'just know' how to do? It's a skill that we need to learn, practice & continue to reflect on and refine.
This workshop will:
- explore the difference between management & leadership and show you why a centre needs both
- unpack your leadership shadow and the impact this has on those around you
- show you how to build a supportive and positive team culture
- address barriers to working together effectively as a team
- explain how to effectively set goals for practice change, and
- explain the behaviours required to influence and drive change for quality improvement
This workshop is perfect for directors & education leaders.
This workshop meets:
NQS QA4 and QA7