University of Newcastle Open Innovation @ DiG Festival
Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 9:00 AM - Friday, 4 October 2013 at 6:00 PM (EST)
After the success of PwC's first Open Innovation event held back in July check out the link, we are delighted to announce that we will run another Open Innovation event at the DiG Festival taking place on 2-4 October 2013. The event is open to any pre-formed teams* who are up for the challenge of solving valuable problems with real customers.
Why should you be interested?
- Exposure! - You'll have the chance to get in front of and pitch your ideas to major business clients
- Learn! - You will receive real-time feed back from industry leading mentors
- Showcase! - This will be an open event so other festival attendees can observe your team's skills and talents in action
- Network! - This is a never-before-seen concentration of like minded individuals in Newcastle
- Kudos! - Be recognised as the Open Innovation champions at the DiG Festival cocktail party
- Plus! The winning team will apply for a $15,000 InnovateNSW Grant to develop a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) over 12 weeks.
To be judged the best team at the end of the event your team will benefit from a broad range of skills and experiences; this is not just about coding (although coders rule!). We are bringing real business clients to the table with valuable problems to solve so having a broad range of technical AND business / commercial skills will be required to impress the judges and take out the crown.
Problem statements for the DiG Festival will be announced shortly, so at this stage this is a registration page for interested teams.
So what are your next steps:
1) If you are not part of a team already, get on the phone/FB/Twitter and gather a team
2) Register your team's interest via this page
3) We will then contact you to get your team's information (Team/Company name, Team members contact info, Team members' skillset, ABN (if applicable))
4) Problem statements will be made available to you once we have your team information
5) You will then need to purchase event tickets using our promotion code
6) Finally, read the pre-event information and come along and get innovating
This is a huge opportunity for any budding entrepreneurs, start ups, University teams and existing businesses to gain significant exposure to some of Newcastle's and NSW's most iconic brands so form your team, sign up and get innovating.
We have negotiated an exclusive teams ticketing package with the festival so once you register your interest we will be in contact with you to help you through the event registration process.
We look forward to seeing you there.
*Pre formed teams - Due to the rapid nature of this event, we require all participants to be a part of a team prior to the event as teams will need to hit the ground running/innovating at the event.