Actions and Detail Panel
Unearthed Brisbane 2017
Fri., 21/04/2017, 5:00 pm – Sun., 23/04/2017, 9:00 pm AEST
Unearthed is an open innovation program for the global resources sector. The 54-hour long Unearthed Hackathon will bring together software developers, data scientists, engineers, designers, entrepreneurs and industry insiders to develop prototype technology solutions to resource challenges. Participants will have the unique opportunity to work on real industry data as well as data from our government partners.
Please see unearthed.solutions website for full details about the event, the challenges, past results, and our supporters.
Quick Schedule breakdown:
- Friday - 5pm event opens, 12am event close
- Saturday - 8am event reopens, 12am event close
- Sunday - 8am event reopens, 4pm pitches start, 7pm awards, 9pm event concludes
- Can I come ready as a team? Can I participate as an individual? I don't have a team, but wish to come along, can I do so?
We recommend that you work as a team. We have found the most successful team size is between 3 to 4, but teams can be more or less. If you don’t have a team then we’ll help you to form one at the Info Session or on opening evening.
- When is the info session?
The Info Session is held approximately one week before the hackathon. We will announce the exact details closer to the event via email, social media and on our website.
- I won’t be able to make it for the full weekend, can I still come?
If you are unable to make one of the days/nights, that’s OK. Just let us know or let your team members know beforehand. If you haven’t formed a team yet and cannot make the Friday night, drop us an email and we’ll try to put you in a team so that you’re ready on Saturday.
- What is the cost? What does it involve?
Developer tickets are for the full weekend. This includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffees and drinks all weekend! It also includes industry mentoring and tech startup experts.
- When will the challenges be released? Can we start working earlier?
Descriptions of the challenges will be released the week before the event. All code, design and assets must be created during the hackathon or be freely available to the public (open source). Attend the info session prior to the hackathon in order to get prepared.
- Who owns what we make at the event?
All teams retain full ownership of what is created during the event, barring any prior agreements you might have with employers, universities, etc... You own 100% of the IP that you create!