Actions and Detail Panel
Understanding the Basics of Leadership Workshop
Wed. 24 May 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm GMT-07:00
“60% of frontline supervisors and managers will fail within the first two years in their role, 26% felt they weren’t ready for the role and 58% reported receiving no training” according to Career Builder Survey in 2015. “65% of employees would rather have a better boss over a raise” according to Michelle McQuaid, a world leader in positive psychology interventions in the workplace.
Poorly trained or unprepared supervisors or managers should be a thing of the past. Today there are many cost-effective ways to ensure the success of newly promoted leadership which in turn will generate a productive, constructive work environment.
Understanding the Basics of Leadership
Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Where: 222 N Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 1240, El Segundo, CA 90245-4319
Time: 9 - 4 pm
All day parking is $14.00 and is NOT validated
There is a very reasonably priced café on the first floor as well as several restaurant chains within a 5 minute walk.
Information to be covered:
- The essential basic skills and tools for effective leadership will be introduced including:
- What leadership means
- How to effectively communicate
- Understanding the essence of professional employee relations
- How to effectively interview and hire
- Overview of performance management
- How to handle difficult employees or situations
- Understanding corrective action
- Legal termination
**Seating is very limited, so please enroll asap.**
Cancellation of a reservation must be done 3 business days prior to the event or funds will not be returned.