San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
An information session on powers of attorney for community members
People who are interested in learning more about making their enduring powers of attorney will find this information session to be a useful update on the power of attorney laws that came into effect on 1 September 2015.
Powers of attorney allow adults with legal capacity to appoint someone to make decisions for them if they are unable or need help to make their own decisions. Many people are unsure about which documents to complete and the processes required to ensure they are legally valid. Support and information can assist people to make arrangements that will work best for them and offer protection in the future.
This session will explore issues around choosing the right decision maker and the different powers of attorney available in Victoria. Resources will be provided and there will be opportunity for participants to ask questions
- Catch a train to Footscray Station and take a 5 minute walk down Bunbury Street.
- Take the 402 bus to the corner of Moreland Street and Dynon Road, and then a 5 minute walk down Moreland Street.
- There are two hour unmetered car-parks in FCAC’s front car park and metered parking on Moreland Street.
- Cycle or walk along the MaribyrnongRiver and enter FCAC via Riverside Lawn.
- All venues at Footscray Community Arts Centre are wheelchair accessible. Please contact us if you have any questions or requirements
Registration is essential: http://officeofthepublicadvocate.eventbrite.com
Further information: by telephone: (03) 1300 309 337
We can provide interpreters, attendant carers or other required supports for education sessions
Please provide us with details of support required