Actions and Detail Panel
Understanding Food Labels & their Health Claims
Wed. 24 May 2017, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm AEST
Do you need a nutritional GPS to traverse the supermarket and arrive at good health?
Could understanding food labels better help you lose more weight?
Join us for a virtual supermarket tour and get coached on how to read the fine print. Improve your confidence when shopping for the family and become supermarket savvy.
In this 2-hour interactive seminar, you will practise your skills by picking up boxes and checking nutrition information panels.
Here's what you will learn to do:
- Read food labels using easy benchmarks for 'high' and 'low' nutrient content
- Understand what product manufacturers don't want you to know about on-pack claims such as 94 % fat free, lite, cholesterol free and low GI
- Find out the real meaning of organic, free range, grass fed and other novel marketing claims
- Discover Superfoods to better manage medical conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and arthritis
- Identify the best products to buy for you and your family
We'll take you through the aisles with the help of a big screen and give benchmarks so you can select foods relevant for your health needs. Plus, you get to take home helpful information on how to audit and re-stock your pantry!
Date: Wednesday, 24th May 2017
Time: 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm
What is the refund policy?
Should something come up and prevent you from attending, you are most welcome to send a family member or friend in your place. Please note, as this is an event, we are unable to provide refunds or transfers to another cookshop date.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For any questions, please call the Nutrition and Wellbeing Clinic on (02) 9899 5208