San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Do you need a nutritional GPS to traverse the supermarket and arrive at good health?
Could understanding food labels better help you lose more weight?
Join us for a virtual supermarket tour and get coached on how to read the fine print. Improve your confidence when shopping for the family and become supermarket savvy.
In this 2-hour interactive seminar, you will practise your skills by picking up boxes and checking nutrition information panels.
Here's what you will learn to do:
- Read food labels using easy benchmarks for 'high' and 'low' nutrient content
- Understand what product manufacturers don't want you to know about on-pack claims such as 94 % fat free, lite, cholesterol free and low GI
- Find out the real meaning of organic, free range, grass fed and other novel marketing claims
- Discover Superfoods to better manage medical conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and arthritis
- Identify the best products to buy for you and your family
We'll take you through the aisles with the help of a big screen and give benchmarks so you can select foods relevant for your health needs. Plus, you get to take home helpful information on how to audit and re-stock your pantry!
Date: Wednesday, 23rd November 2016
Time: 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm
What is the refund policy?
Should something come up and prevent you from attending, you are most welcome to send a family member or friend in your place. Please note, as this is an event, we are unable to provide refunds or transfers to another cookshop date.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For any questions, please call the Nutrition and Wellbeing Clinic on (02) 9899 5208
When & Where
Nutrition and Wellbeing Clinic
Join us at our award winning cooking and nutrition workshop series, designed to improve your success with healthy eating and give you inspiration in the kitchen!
Held exclusively at our Eat to Live kitchen located at the Nutrition and Wellbeing Clinic in Castle Hill (Sydney, Australia).
The cookshops are conducted by Sue Radd and her team of expert Accredited Practising Dietitians giving you not only a delicious culinary experience but professional medical nutrition advice from some of Australia's leading nutritionists!
Each month we'll inspire you to cook easy, delicious meals everyone can enjoy.
- See fresh ideas to get you back into the kitchen
- Learn tips and tricks to save time and money
- Enjoy tasting plates from entree through to dessert
- Drop your cholesterol, blood pressure and sugar levels
- Lose weight and improve your wellness
You'll learn how to use more seasonal and minimally processed foods lacking in most Australian diets.