This seminar is an intensive, hands-on two-day program specifically designed for Sports Physicians with an interest in ultrasound scanning of upper and lower limbs and intervention techniques.The small group seminar ensures a collaborative and supportive learning environment with both didactic lectures and hands-on, real-time ultrasound scanning.High-quality ultrasound equipment and a combination of scanning models and needle phantoms ensure participants consolidate their practical skills.
- Ultrasound physics and artifacts
- System and image optimisation
- Probe orientation and manipulation
- Scanning techniques
- Sonographic appearance and grading of enthesopathy, tendinopathy and muscle injury
- Intervention techniques
- Anatomy and pathology of the: Upper Limb (Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hand) Lower Limb (Groin, Hip, Thigh, Knee, Calf, Ankle, Foot)
- Basic knowledge of ultrasound physics
- Thorough knowledge of normal and pathological sonographic patterns
- Improved ultrasound scanning skills
- Proficient intervention techniques
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO COMMONWEALTH BANK credit card customers: As a security measure, the Commonwealth Bank will not process any credit card debit request made by EventBrite for your seminar registration fee UNTIL the Commonwealth Bank has personally spoken to you to confirm and authorise your request. ASMI recommends you speak with the Commonwealth Bank prior to booking or use an alternate credit card. Please be aware your booking session may expire whilst you are speaking with the Commonwealth bank and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Commonwealth Bank security policies.
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOL OF MEDICAL IMAGING
The ASMI campus is located on the 6th Floor of the Avanti Commercial suite
building at 1 C Burdett St , Hornsby. The Avanti buildings are very close to the Hornsby Railway station and almost adjacent to the intersection of Burdett and
George streets Hornsby.
Accessing the ASMI office
The main entrance when walking to the campus is from Burdett Street.
• At the main entry there
is a security pad on the
left hand side of the
• Enter 616 and press the
‘bell’ icon (this will ring
at the ASMI office and seminar room
allowing the doors to be
opened and allow lift
Use the lift on the right hand side and proceed to level 6.
Follow the corridor to the back. The ASMI 616 Suite is located on your right.