Want to learn how to visualise and tell compelling stories using open data? Working with Data: Using Tableau Public will get you started with the concepts, techniques and tools you need. You’ll create your own visualisations and dashboard to demonstrate your new knowledge.
This course will lead you through the process of connecting to open data sources, blending disparate data together, building visualisations and dashboards and finally publishing your work on Tableau Public.
Specific modules covered in this workshop include:
- Evaluating data sources, data formats and preparing data for use
- Blending data and trouble shooting
- Creating visualisations and dashboards
- Publishing to Tableau Public
- Workshop. The second half of the day is a hands-on workshop where everyone will create their own visualisations and dashboard.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- explain how Tableau connects to commonly available open data sources
- blend different data together
- build visualisations and dashboards using open data
- publish you own dashboard to Tableau Public.
Who is this for?
- Anyone who is new to using data, with an interest in learning how to use Tableau Public to access, explore and understand how data can be manipulated to unlock insights.
What prior knowledge do you need?
What to bring
- A Wi-Fi enabled laptop, on which you have access to install software. To save time, pre-install
- We also recommend a light jacket.
What we provide
- Free Wi-Fi
- Lunch (tell us if you have any special dietary requirements)
- 7.5 hours (9am to 4:30pm)
Our guest trainer is Dave Keys who chairs the Brisbane Tableau Public user group, is managing director of Key Data Consulting and nominee for Tableau’s Asia Pacific Services Partner of the Year 2015. Key Data Consulting is a Tableau and Alteryx reseller, data consultancy and training organisation. Dave is an experienced Tableau trainer and has conducted workshops throughout the Asia Pacific region. He is a regular speaker at Analytics and Tableau events.