Actions and Detail Panel
Train the Trainer Penrith - Recognising & Responding to the Abuse of Older...
Tue. 18 October 2016, 10:00 am – 3:30 pm AEDT
Who is this for?
Senior staff responsible for delivering training in identifying and responding to elder abuse.
* Please note that the ticket fee is for cost recovery which is comprised of venue hire costs, resources, ticket seller fee and gst.
During this training session participants will learn how to deliver training in five topic areas:
- Background to NSW's policy response to the abuse of older people (relevant to all levels of staff)
- Types and signs of abuse and risk factors (relevant to all levels of staff)
- Key considerations when abuse is detected or suspected (relevant to all levels of staff, particularly frontline workers)
- Responding to reports of alleged abuse (relevant to all levels of staff, particularly line supervisors, managers and senior staff)
- Where to go for advice and assistance (relevant to all levels of staff, particularly line supervisors, managers and senior staff)
- There are three case studies at the end of the guide that facilitators can use to test and apply learning.
Participants receive a Training Package including a comprehensive Facilitator's Guide and Participant Resources to take away.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided at the sessions. We are unable to cater for special dietary requirements.