Actions and Detail Panel
Thursday evening childbirth & parenting education 27/04/17-25/05/17. Baby d...
Thu. 27 April 2017, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm AEST
The Evening series consist of 6 sessions held on Thursday evenings for 6 weeks. Each class runs for 2 hours, 7pm – 9pm and includes a supper break. First time parents-to-be, benefit enormously from these classes as there is plenty of time to interact and discuss a range of topics from labour and birth to breastfeeding and parenting.
YOU MUST BE BIRTHING YOUR BABY AT WESTMEAD HOSPITAL TO RECEIVE A DISCOUNTED FEE. ALL WOMEN BOOKED TO BIRTH THEIR BABY AT ANOTHER HOSPITAL MUST PAY FULL FEE.
It is recommended to book this program if you are due between 3/7/17-31/7/17
Topics include but not limited to:
- How labour starts
- Labouring at home and when to come to hospital
- Positions for labour and birth – being active
- Normal birth
- Pain relief options
- Tour of the Birth Unit
- Cesarean Birth
- Birth requiring medical assistance
- Settling an unsettled baby
- Communicating with your baby
- Parenting issues – including postnatal depression, returning to work, roles and identities.
- And more!!
- A reunion class is included in the program. The reunion class is held approximately 3-4 months after the final class. The Educator facilitates these classes.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
See parking and public transport information located at http://www.wslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/Childbirth---Parenting-Education/Maps---Directions
Do I bring my partner along to all the classes with me?
Partners are encouraged to attend. If your partner can't make it then you can bring along a support person.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You may like to bring a snack. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, you can return to the booking page to do so.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. You can print out or save on the eventbrite app if you wish.
What is the refund policy?
A full refund may be given only in the following circumstances:
• Premature birth
• Hospital admission
• Cancellation request 3 weeks prior to the class commencement date
An administration fee of $30 will be incurred on cancellation requests with less than 3 weeks’ notice