GS1 Australia is offering selected tertiary students this interactive course to provide an insight into best practice supply chain management by the strategic application of the GS1 standards.
The GS1 System enables Australian and international businesses to achieve excellence in supply chain management, product traceability and overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
What is the GS1 Academic Certificate:
• GS1 Australia is offering tertiary students the GS1 Academic Certificate, an interactive course that provides insights into best practice supply chain management by the strategic application of the GS1 standards.
• The GS1 Academic Certificate is a single day interactive course that is based on role-play, simulating typical business scenarios that require practical and realistic solutions.
• The GS1 System enables international business to achieve excellence in supply chain management, product
traceability and overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
What this course can do for you:
• To bring together the academic / theoretical knowledge of supply chain with the vocational and practical aspects of the GS1 system and their application in business.
• To give students the opportunity to develop skills in responding to business challenges based on real-life scenarios.
• To offer students practice in the understanding, interpreting and utilise the principles and components of the GS1 international standards.
• To provide students with networking opportunities within the GS1 international community and beyond.
• Knowledge can be applied to manufacturing, retail, transport and eCommerce systems development, both in Australia and internationally.
• This course is designed to give you a head start in your career.
About the Session:
The course will simulate a typical business day in industry and students will work in teams to solve a case study challenge. While most assessment is conducted in class, there is also a short mandatory assignment to be completed within 30 days of the workshop day.
Date and Time
The University of Sydney Business School
Corner of Abercrombie and Codrington Streets
Sydney, New South Wales 2006