Actions and Detail Panel
The Science of Writing Customer-focused Email training workshop
Tue. 9 May 2017, 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm AEST
All communication is an attempt to persuade or influence someone. There is no neutral language. We use language to get what we want (if used well) or what we don’t want (if not used well). So, how can you get results, have influence, build
So, how can you get results, have influence, build relationship, rapport, trust and agreement when using email? How can you effectively handle customer enquiries, complaints and interactions when all you have are dots and dashes on a screen?
That's where learning the 'science' and subtle way of writing customer-focused email will help you to dramatically improve your results.
This is the first of our 3 Email Mastery programs and you can attend one or two or all three on the same day or come along to one per month.
The Science of Writing Customer-focused Email
Learn the ‘hidden’ aspects of email communication and how you can interpret and adapt your email responses to improve your sales conversion, negotiating results, customer service delivery, and leadership influence.
- Understanding the ‘hidden’ language of email
- Recognising and adapting to different communication styles
- Using Invitational Phrases and the Agreement Framework to negotiate differences
- Identifying the tone of an email and responding appropriately
- Creating rapport and agreement via email
- 3 words to never use in an email
“This course was tabled as Writing Customer -Focused Emails but was much more. It was a thorough rebuilding of understanding of what email is and how it can be managed and utilised for best effect.” Bart Kohler, Systems Engineering Manager, Mercedes-Benz
Our other workshops
Check the schedule of dates for this workshop by clicking the blue 'Select a Date' button at top right of this page. See details about our other workshops (also on the same day) by clicking the links below;
Taming the Email Tiger (8:30am-10:30am)
7+ Ways to Write More Effective Email (1:00pm-2:30pm)
Presenter: Steuart Snooks
Who else has enjoyed our workshops?
Here is a list of some of our past clients;
- Australian Institute of Management
- Catholic Church Education (QLD)
- CEO Institute forum groups
- Commonwealth Bank
- Consolida8 Accountants (Brisbane)
- Dana Australia
- Deakin University
- Essendon Football Club
- Federation Training
- Fitzroy High School
- Fulton Hogan
- Institute of Management Consultants
- Institute of Mercantile Agents
- Institute of Surveyors
- Kangan TAFE
- Kennards Hire
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Local Government – 19 Victorian councils
- Medicare Local - Gippsland
- Medicare Local – Western NSW region
- Melbourne Airport Corporation
- Melbourne University - Academic Staff
- Melbourne University Rural Health Academic Centres
- Mercedes Benz
- Monash University – Academic Staff
- Nelson Wine Company
- Outdoor Media Advertising
- RDC Accountants (Adelaide)
- Royal Children’s Hospital (Melbourne)
- Royal District Nursing Service
- Royal Flying Doctor
- Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Show Technology
- State Government – 16 agencies
- Sydney Adventist Hospital
- Symbion Healthcare
- Symbion Pharmaceuticals
- The Executive Connection (TEC) Business Groups (Aust-wide)
- The Good Guys
- The Gordon Institute
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics
- West Gippsland Catchment Management Authority
What do others say about our workshops?
“I would like to thank you for the training workshop ‘Taming the Email Tiger’ and the extra coaching session in the afternoon. After returning to the daily tasks, the tips that we learned from you immediately made a difference to the productivity levels in our workplace.”
Cindy Diver, Admin. Officer, Royal Flying Doctor Flying Service
“Yesterday was a lightbulb moment for me, as I finally realised I had been struggling under the crushing weight of email overwhelm for years! The two key take-aways for me were 1) limit your email viewing to 3 times per day and 2) use your Calendar as the basis for your to- do list, not your email. When I went back to the office, it was like a brand new working experience for me. Today began just as freshly. So thank you!”
Lisa F., Senior Consultant, Leadership & Organisational Development, Monash University
“Thank-you for a great workshop yesterday. I picked up so many invaluable tips and have begun implementing them already in both my work and personal email. Please see the attached screenshot: Inbox cut down from 5,700 to 0, and it's only 9:30 in the morning! I've also set up folders to start implementing the 4D methodology to keep it at zero while I work through the backlog”.
Josh Townley, Regulatory Affairs, Ego Pharmaceuticals
A skeptic is converted - "this has indeed changed my life"
“I must say I was less than enthused to go to yet another training when I have so much work to do at my desk. I listened to you talk about this being life changing and how my emails would disappear. Managing two inboxes and with them generating most of my workload I sat fidgeting in my seat quite annoyed that you had no idea about my work; this surely couldn’t apply to me.
Making me more annoyed was the way you kept closing the screen behind and ensuring we closed our laptops so I couldn’t check my emails and do work whilst you’re doing your presentation, as in other training.
So now a week later; I sit here at the end of the day with time to allocate an appropriate response and provide constructive feedback. I have still been busy all day but my work is not mounting up uncontrollably. I apply the two-minute rule a few times a day and drag other emails into a slotted time to deal with it. Maybe not today but certainly as it needs prioritising. My emails are at zero at the end of the day EVERY DAY!
The fact that I am now telling you that this training has indeed “changed my life” is like eating humble pie. But kudos to you and a well-deserved pat on the back.
My calendar is now my priority - I have control of my work - I have started to leave on time - I have left my work at work giving me work life balance. Thank you.
Kat Campbell, Central Enrolment Officer, Cardinia Shire
“Please find below a snapshot of the very positive feedback we received about your program. Overall people loved it and found it very useful. There were no improvements to be made, in fact, I’ve received lots of emails asking for more sessions to be run.
- Well presented, fast paced and presenter always managed to keep everyone’s attention and a few humorous parts.
- Practical suggestions in managing email
- The presenter was fantastic and his presentation was very clear and concise
- Practical tips were provided. People were able to ask questions specifically relevant to them and receive an answer
- The course provided very useful, constructive tips with managing emails – things I could put into place as soon as I returned to my desk
- Learning of the management tools available
- The concise and practical tips for improving email management. The lively and inspirational speaker
- I would highly recommend this course to any person within the organisation including management
- A great course that I would recommend to colleagues. Practical examples given with easy to follow steps. Thank you.
- It was good to learn that you can create a “filing cabinet” and move folders in to that from the inbox. The time of the course was just right, going into it, I thought 1 and a half hours was a bit long, but it proved to be more detailed than I expected
- An excellent use of an hour and a half. Concise and practical.”
Amy Hollings, Organisational Development Project leader, Yarra Ranges Council
“I have been using the 4 d’s and e-mail time slots. Cleaned up my inbox. Does feel that there is less to do since there are not 20 things floating in my mind since they are not managed.”
Rudi Greyling, Business Development Manager, Colterlec
“Yesterday I did some GP practice visits and before I could even ask I received unsolicited feedback that your workshop was the best thing they have ever done. Some comments were:
- It was an awesome presentation
- I didn’t know how much I didn’t know
- Fabulous presentation
- The best thing I’ve ever done
- Already using some of the tips
- So liberating
- I emptied my Inbox and it feel fantastic
- I became really aware of how distracting the email notifications are and how much they took me off track
- Some of the tips can be applied across other business areas for example the ‘do not disturb zone’. We have created it around the practice nurse doing the ‘recall letters’ for the doctors. Some silly mistakes had previously been made so now they will be able to totally focus on the task
And more of the same…”
Deb Le Cerf, Program Officer Practice Support, Medicare Local
“Prior to the course, I’d have months of emails in the inbox and the constant message telling me that it is over the limit, now I currently have 48 items which will soon decrease again.”
Kathryn Berry, Training Administrator, Federation Training
“Thanks for a brilliant training session yesterday. I have been wanting to do your training course for the past 6 months as I heard about it though a previous staff member who raved about it! Thanks once again, great information and very well executed!”
Customer Service Administrator, The Gordon Institute
Got any questions?
Just contact me direct if you have any questions about these workshops - whatever I can do, I'm here to help!
Steuart Snooks | Phone: 1300 789 468 or Mobile: 0413 830 772 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org