The HSC has ended for another year (cue all the feels). Those contemplating their next move should come to this info session to get positive tips on approaching their career. In two hours, attendees will be inspired and motivated to get into the driver’s seat of their career by starting to think creatively about what's next. Facilitated by Jess and Ian Pollard, this workshop is hands-on and interactive, including group discussions, creative exercises and real life stories to help broaden the view of what is possible.
Attendees will also walk away with a stack of resources, including a career workbook, to help them make further decisions.
About the facilitators:
Ian Pollard is a businessman, sportsman and has coached dozens of CEOs and senior executives through Foresight’s Global Coaching. His latest book Investing in Your Life: Your Biggest Investment Opportunities are Not Necessarily Financial will inspire you to invest your valuable time and energy more wisely.
Jess Pollard is a career counsellor, personal trainer, as well as a professional singer and songwriter. She has toured and performed around the world including shows at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington DC, concerts in Mumbai and music festivals in Italy. She is currently studying Masters of Education majoring in Career Development with a focus on creative and holistic approaches to career/life design.
What to expect:
• Interactive and creative exercises that culminate in participants taking home their own career workbook
• Group discussion focused on career, lifestyle and personal development
• A broadened view of the possibilities in your own career through real life examples
• Decision-making tools and techniques
• Resources to take home that will help in providing direction
• No bias towards any specific career path (this is not a university sponsored event)!
(This workshop requires a minimum number of attendees to proceed)
Get the latest news by subscribing to our e-newsletter.
Not a member? It's free and easy to become a library member online.