Actions and Detail Panel
The Great Garden Egg Hunt
Sat. 15 April 2017, 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm AEST
The Easter Bunny is coming to the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney on Saturday 15 April! Children use a trail map to complete fun challenges, collect chocolate eggs and hunt for their furry Easter friend.
Following the trail, children will move around the beautiful gardens between five activities which are egg or bunny related such as an egg and spoon race and an egg hunt. There will also be a family photo opportunity at the end with the Easter Bunny so bring your camera!
Come and join in the festivities and enjoy some good old-fashioned fun!
Please note, The Royal Botanic Garden cannot hide chocolate eggs in the Garden for hygiene and safety reasons. Instead, artificial eggs will be exchanged for chocolate eggs on completion of each activity. Children will receive 4 small chocolate eggs and 1 large chocolate egg.
Date: Saturday 15 April
Time: Start times are staggered every 15 minutes between 9:30 AM and 2:45 PM. The course will take about 45 minutes to complete.
Age: Children of all ages are welcome and must be accompanied by an adult. Recommended for ages 3 to 8 years old.
Cost: $17.50 per child. Cost of ticket includes trail map for activity stations and Darrell Lea chocolate eggs on completion. Only children with a ticket will receive a trail map and chocolate.
Adults do not need to purchase tickets if they are accompanying children with a paid ticket/s.
Meeting Point: The Band Lawn, Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Wet Weather Policy: This event goes ahead in wet weather, so please come prepared with wet weather gear. The event will only be cancelled if inclement weather is dangerous i.e. high winds or lightning. An email informing of cancellation will be sent to the email supplied at the time of booking, at least 1 hour before the event start time.
Proudly brought to you by the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Sponsored by Darrell Lea
Frequently Asked Questions
What shall I bring?
- A print out of your ticket or your ticket on your phone.
- A basket to collect your eggs in (optional)
- Cash if you think you'll want to buy coffees, snacks or lunch from our food vans or cafe
- Rain coat and umbrella if it's raining
- Camera to get a photo with the Easter Bunny at the end.
Do I have to stay with my child/children?
- Yes. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
What will my child be doing?
- Participants will receive a self-guided map that leads them to 4 activity stations. Once they complete each activity, they will have their map stamped and will receive an egg. At the end there is the chance to meet the Easter Bunny and have a photo taken with them, and here they also receive a larger egg.
What happens if it's raining?
- The event will go ahead in all weather so please come prepared. No refunds will be given.
Do we have to come at our chosen time slot?
- You must arrive at your chosen time slot. You won't be able to do the hunt earlier or later.
How many eggs will my child get?
- Each child will receive 4 small and 1 medium Darrell Lea chocolate egg. Children without Trail Maps cannot claim eggs.
Does each child need a ticket?
- Yes. Children without a ticket will not be able to collect eggs or have their photo taken with the Easter Bunny.
What time does it run?
- Sessions run every 15 mins from 9.30am to 2.45pm.
- Please note there will be a break from 11.45am – 12.30pm. Easter Bunnies need to have their lunch too!
How long does the course take?
- Allow around 45 mins to complete the course.
Where can I park?
- There is meter parking along Mrs Macquaries Road - for closest parking, park near Henry Lawson Gate. It will be a busy weekend in the Garden, so we recommend that you take public transport. The closest train stations are Cirqular Quay and St James Stations
Where is the The Band Lawn?
- Please see below map for location of the Band Lawn