“The Best of Friends™ ” is an innovative social skills and communication workshop. This session is suitable to children aged 8 to 10 years.
The workshop is an activity-based program and encourages children to make to most of their friendships by developing good communication and social skills while recognizing the difference between friends and ‘frenemies’. Participants learn how to form and develop good friendships, conversation while developing skills in managing or avoiding conflict with their peers.
The Best of Friends program covers:
- Making Friends,
- Social Expectations,
- Importance of Compromise,
- Empathy in Friendship,
It has been developed in the clinical setting over a 15 year period by child psychologist Kimberley O’Brien and it is highly acclaimed by parents, teachers, health and educational professionals as a means of improving social skills and preventing conflict. It also incorporates extensive research through Monash University relating to the transition from primary to secondary school.
Each program is evaluated to ensure that it meets our strict learning outcomes. Current Recent research with parents indicates that 70% of children attending a 2 hour program improved (overall) - (n 147).
This is a 4 hour workshop, delivered over two days for 2 hours a day.
- Dates: Tuesday 24 January and Wednesday, 25 January 2017
- Time: 1.00 to 3.00pm
- Price: $260 early bird and $280 normal price
- If you are not sure if your child is suitable for this workshop, please contact us before booking.
- For more information visit the workshop pages and the help centre.
- By registering, you accept the term and condition.