Actions and Detail Panel
The Author Talks: In Conversation with Zoe Morrison (Sydney Writers' Festiv...
Thu. 25 May 2017, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm AEST
Music and Freedom
Join Zoë Morrison as she discusses her acclaimed debut novel Music and Freedom, the story of a gifted pianist who learns about the dark terrain of violence and the transformative powers of music and love.
Zoë Morrison was shortlisted for the Readings Prize for New Australian Fiction and commended in the Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for an Unpublished Manuscript. She has a DPhil in Human Geography from Oxford University, where she studied as a Rhodes Scholar. Her research has included the fields of gendered violence and social justice. Zoë also studied piano performance at the Adelaide Conservatorium of Music.
This discussion will be facilitated by Catherine du Peloux Menage, creator and artistic director of the St Albans Writers’ Festival. Catherine is a perfume expert who also works in educational publishing.
Books will be available for purchase on the night.
This event is free. Enquiries: 9093 6400.
Terms and Conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.