Join local author Suzanne Leal as she discusses her latest novel The Teacher’s Secret, a moving and suspenseful story focusing on the residents of a small NSW coastal town.
Terry Prichard is the much loved assistant principal in Brindle’s local primary school. His sudden premature retirement leaves the staff and community perplexed. Is he guilty of inappropriate contact with a young student - or does he have another secret which may eventually come to light?
Suzanne Leal is a qualified lawyer, experienced in child protection as well as criminal and refugee law. She worked as legal commentator on ABC Radio and acts as interviewer at Sydney Writers’ Festival and other literary functions. Inspired by the lives of her Czech landlords, Suzanne's first novel Border Street commended in the Asher Literary Award. Driven by her curiosity about secret lives and their stories, The Teacher’s Secret is her second novel, exploring the intrigues of a schoolyard.
Enquiries: 9314 4888.
Terms and Conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.