Actions and Detail Panel
The Author Talks: An Evening with Rodney Tiffen
Wed. 26 April 2017, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm AEST
Join Rodney Tiffen, author, journalist and Emeritus Professor of Government and International Relations at the University of Sydney as he discusses his latest book Disposable Leaders.
Between 2010 and 2015 three Australian Prime Ministers were removed by their own party colleagues. Since 1970, in both the Labor Party and the Liberal National Party, there have been 73 successful leadership challenges at federal and state levels. In this century, leadership challenges have averaged two a year.
These internal party conflicts between allies are perhaps the most personal of all political conflicts, and the media often play a pivotal role in how they develop. Disposable Leaders is a serious yet engaging analysis of an event that has become central to Australian politics: the high-drama leadership challenge.
Books will be available for purchase on the night.
This event is free. Enquiries: 9093 6400.
Terms and Conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.