GS1 Australia is offering selected tertiary students this interactive course to provide an insight into best practice supply chain management by the strategic application of the GS1 standards.
The GS1 System enables Australian and international businesses to achieve excellence in supply chain management, product traceability and overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
What is the GS1 Academic Certificate:
• GS1 Australia is offering tertiary students the GS1 Academic Certificate, an interactive course that provides insights into best practice supply chain management by the strategic application of the GS1 standards.
• The GS1 Academic Certificate is a single day interactive course that is based on role-play, simulating typical business scenarios that require practical and realistic solutions.
• The GS1 System enables international business to achieve excellence in supply chain management, product
traceability and overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
What this course can do for you:
• To bring together the academic / theoretical knowledge of supply chain with the vocational and practical aspects of the GS1 system and their application in business.
• To give students the opportunity to develop skills in responding to business challenges based on real-life scenarios.
• To offer students practice in the understanding, interpreting and utilise the principles and components of the GS1 international standards.
• To provide students with networking opportunities within the GS1 international community and beyond.
• Knowledge can be applied to manufacturing, retail, transport and eCommerce systems development, both in Australia and internationally.
• This course is designed to give you a head start in your career.
About the Session:
The course will simulate a typical business day in industry and students will work in teams to solve a case study challenge. Prerequisite preparation is required to participate in the course. Full details will be provided via email and online. While most assessment is conducted in class, there is also a short assignment to be completed after the course day.
GS1 Australia will provide lunch on the day of the workshop. Please note that non-vegetarian and vegetarian sandwich options will included.
If you have any other specific dietary requirements, the catering provided may not be suitable. In that case, we suggest that you bring in your own food / drinks or purchase lunch from a nearby café.
Pre-reading and Travel details will be forwarded to you prior to the session