Actions and Detail Panel
That Sugar Film - community screening
Sun. 16 October 2016, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm AEDT
ABOUT THE FILM:
THAT SUGAR FILM started as one man's journey to discover the bitter truth about sugar. Damon Gameau embarked on a unique experiment to document the effects of a high sugar diet on a healthy body, consuming only foods that are commonly perceived, or promoted to be 'healthy’.
ABOUT OUR AMBASSADORS:
That Sugar Film Ambassadors are passionate individuals who recognise the impact of diet on health and care deeply about sharing the key messages of That Sugar Film far and wide around Australia and New Zealand.
These 30 Ambassadors are formal representatives of That Sugar Film who have the knowledge, skills, attributes and determination to help members of their local community critically evaluate their own dietary habits and make the necessary changes to lower their sugar consumption.
Our Ambassador program equips them with a rich toolkit of resources to engage their local communities through a range of activities including the following:
• Community, school and workplace screenings
• Participating in Q&A panels
• Engaging schools with our school’s program and School Action Toolkit
• Helping our Activated schools become healthier environments
• Facilitating workshops and cooking classes
• Raising funds for the Mai Wiru Sugar Challenge Foundation
• Other activities initiated by individual Ambassadors
The Ambassador organising this event is Gillian Harvey (Melbourne Eastern suburbs)
Date and Time
Hall at St Mark's Anglican Church
302 High Street
(Corner Dellfield Drive)
Templestowe Lower, Victoria 3107