Innovation: A radical change in design, implementation or thinking that gets attention OUTSIDE of the industry, organisation or core group.
This year, in the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDxMelbourne will bring together a dynamic group of inspiring and though-provoking Australian innovators to share how they bring creative approaches and game-changing practices to their work and communities. They include:
- Evan Thornley - Chief Executive of Better Place Australia, "making driving more affordable, convenient and sustainable".
- Dr Amantha Imber - Founder of Inventium and author of "The Creativity Formula: 50 scientifically proven creativity boosters for work and for life."
- Pete Williams - CEO Deloitte Digital and recent winner Forresters Groundswell Award for his work helping the community of Flowerdale recover from the 2009 Victorian bushfires.
- Annalie Killian - is Catalyst for Magic at AMP, and producer of AMP's biannual innovation summit, Amplify Festival.
- Monique Conheady - Cofounder of Flexicar (sold to Hertz in 2010), Monique is passionate about new ways of doing business that are financially, socially and environmentally sustainable.
- Simon Griffiths - Social entrepreneur sparking a revolution in philanthropy through not-for-profit ventures Shebeen and Who Gives A Crap.
- Liza Boston - Digital media entrepreneur at Boston Digital, and catalyst for corporate culture change through the use of the social web.
- Roger La Salle - Entrepreneur, author and founder of Matrix Thinking - bringing innovation to business development.
Join us at TEDxMelbourne and connect with leaders, changemakers and visionaries from different disciplines, and across sectors looking to take these global 'ideas worth spreading' and transform them in to insight and action for a brighter future.
**Make sure you leave your diary open after TEDxMelbourne: Innovation closes at 4pm. We'll be hosting a social event to enjoy a few social drinks and give you the chance to continue the great conversations inspired by a day of innovation and creativity. Details coming soon...