A free exhibition for local businesses to attend training, presentations and meet with technology service providers
#TechXpress Business & Technology Expo
In July 2014, the Barossa will be in the tourism spotlight across the country and internationally as the host of one of the world's leading digital tourism and social media events: #SoMeT14AU, Social Media Tourism Symposium.
Leading up to #SoMeT14AU, The Barossa Council will provide a series of events as an opportunity for local businesses to leverage the exposure of this event by establishing or developing their digital strategy and social media presence.
#TechXpress will be the premiere event in the series - a digital business and technology exhibition, running the week before #SoMeT14AU comes to town.
At #TechXpress, guest speakers will present on a range of digital business focussed topics and range of local businesses will be exhibiting technologies and services already available to businesses.
All are welcome to attend this free event, please register here to confirm your attendance.
Presentation times, details and exhibitors are listed below to plan your day at #TechExpress:
10am - Richard Pascoe
"Smart Apps for Smart Business"
Come and learn about some of the best apps for your business. Discover the possibilities of smartphones and tablets with some of the hottest apps for increasing your productivity and mobility.
11am - Tania Shirgwin
“Digital Marketing for Events & Tourism”
Learn how to promote and get the word out about your event via digital marketing and social media. Using Barossa Gourmet Weekend as a case study, Tania will walk you through how digital marketing is used to promote local events in the Barossa. This session is perfect for businesses or residents wanting to understand more about digital marketing and how they can support these local events.
12pm - Rhys Moult
The Polaris Centre
"Wordpress tips, hacks and plugins for your business"
This session is for businesses with an existing Wordpress website or intending on using Wordpress.
Wordpress is now used by 22% of the world’s top 10million websites and more than 60 million websites worldwide. It is a super flexible and user friendly system that can be easily installed and developed by the web novice. Making your site really soar can be a bit more difficult though. These tips and hacks will give your business website a boost. Attendees can book into a free one on one session to take a closer look at their Wordpress site.
1pm - Chloe Reschke-Maguire
"Getting online reviews to work for your business"
For businesses and marketers, learn about Yelp and how to engage with your current and future customers using the tools and resources available to you through online reviews.
Join in the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #TechXpress.
Entrance to the event is free, registration is required for estimated attendance and planning purposes. Only a single registration is required per person, attendees are welcome to attend any or all presentations on a single ticket and browse exhibits at any time during the day. Entry will be permitted without presentation of a ticket and pass outs are permitted
This event is provided by the Barossa Council in support of #SoMeT14AU, Social Media Tourism Symposium
0426 826 224
Introduction To Social Media
Tuesday, July 1
10am - 12:30pm
At The Barossa Council
Forward IT: Resources For Your Business Online
Thursday, July 3
10am - 12:00pm
At The Barossa Council
Thursday, July 10
2pm - 4pm
At The Barossa Council
TechXpress Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. All entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter of this competition is The Barossa Council, 43-51 Tanunda Rd, Nuriootpa, 5355, ABN.
3. The competition commences 10am Tuesday 8th July 2014 and closes at 2pm Tuesday 8th July 2014.
4. Entry into the competition is via printed forms available at The Barossa Council #TechXpress Business and Technology Expo.
5. To qualify for entry, an entrant must:
a. Answer all questions on the feedback form
b. Submit his or her form via the competition entry box available at the event.
6. The promoter will not be responsible for late or misdirected entries.
7. The maximum number of entries per entrant is one (1).
8. In the event a previous prize winner is drawn again, a re-draw will immediately take place.
9. All entries and any intellectual property in those entries become and remain the property of the promoter.
10. Entrants warrant that their submissions are original and do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third person.
11. Chances of winning this competition are based on luck. Skill plays not part in likelihood of winning a prize.
12. The promoter will draw the entries at 43-51 Tanunda Rd, Nuriootpa, 5355. The prize draw takes place on Tuesday 8th July at 2pm. The winner will be announced and notified by email to the address that they enter on. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The prizes will be donated by exhibitors at the event, on or prior to the day and are redeemable from the exhibitor.
14. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
15. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered, including, but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained by entering this competition or during the course of taking the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
16. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process.
17. Subject to availability.
The promoter collects the entrants' personal information in order to conduct the promotion and for marketing purposes. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees that the promoter and its agents may use this information for future communication, promotion and marketing purposes. This information will not be disclosed or passed on to any organisation outside of RDA Barossa, The Barossa Council and its agents.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.