This is a free ticketed event. Numbers are strictly limited due to safety reasons. You must produce your ticket on the day to participate.
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors at Northside Marine, this event is FREE!
Want to teach your kids to fish but don't know where to start?
Want to get out in the outdoors and try something new with your kids?
Now is a great time to put a line in the water and let our coaches give you a jump start to enjoy this great sport with family and friends.
This event is designed for any adult wanting to learn the basics of fishing with their kids.
Note: You will still need to obtain a ticket to participate on the day. Limited to 2 children per adult ticket.
What you’ll get out from our experienced fishing coaches:
- A briefing on safe and sustainable fishing practices
- The basics of the equipment and tackle you’ll need
- A simple and easy way to set up and tie your line
- How to cast, and where to cast
- Practice your fishing with support and advice
- Advice on places to fish on the shore near the Sandgate area
What you’ll need to bring:
- Hat and sunscreen, consider a long sleeve shirt
- Your Rod and Reel, with line already on reel - (Please see note below if you don’t have one)
- Sunglasses optional, polarised are best
- Enclosed footwear
- Something to carry your tackle and fish in (a bucket works well)
What we supply:
- Tackle (Hooks, Sinkers, swivels)
If you are booked in and require assistance with purchasing rods and reels, please contact me. I can provide guidance on what to buy, or organise a starter setup at a competitive price.
Additionally, due to weather, location or date may change, if this occurs, you will be notified in advance, options will be provided.