San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
In the next decade an estimated 75 per cent of jobs in the fastest-growing industries will need skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
TasICT Generations is a free guest lecture program for students between year 7 to 12, that aims to inspire and encourage young Australians to enrol in STEM subjects and improve their digital literacy.
This event showcases the local ICT industry as a future employer and provides participants with a deeper knowledge of the skills they will need for the jobs of tomorrow. The event will include industry-leading guest speakers, mentors and the opportunity for students to take part in group challenges.
TasICT Generations Program:
- Encourages students to study STEM subjects and pursue Digital Literacy
- Inspires the development of skills needed for the workforce of the future
- Highlights the effect of digital transformation across all sectors of our economy
- Showcases the interconnectivity of technology to all industries
- Illustrates the importance of preparing to work in a digital world
- Provides students a direct link to the local ICT industry
Teachers are encouraged to enrol groups of students from year 7 to 12 across all subject areas. Group sizes are not restricted, however as the venue capacity is limited we recommend registering student groups ASAP to avoid missing out.
When & Where
TASICT is peak body representing Tasmania's ICT sector. The organisation represents the sector to government, develops ICT-related policy, runs important industry programs, provides support to its members and holds events that support and promote the industry.