Symposium: Mobilising Media for Sustainable Outcomes in the Pacific
RMIT University and ABC International Development showcase the research and launch resources resulting from a four year partnership exploring media, communication, technology and social change in the Pacific Island Region.
- Presentations of research by three PhD scholars exploring media and technology in Samoa, Niue and Papua New Guinea, including a screening (film trailer)
- Launch of a Special Issue in Information Technology and International Development
- Launch of the IDEAS Guide (Innovating, Designing, Evaluating and Applying to Small-scale projects), an outcome of action research with PACMAS and Pacific-based media and communication practitioners
- Discussant responses from communication for social change scholars Dr. Linje Manyozo (RMIT University) and Dr Verena Thomas (QUT), and special guests, Joys Eggins (Media Development Initiative, PNG) and Faumuina Maria Tafuna’i (media and technology consultant)
- Refreshments and drinks will be provided
Share with friends