Actions and Detail Panel
SYDNEY: Dr. André Monteiro: Brainspotting and Parts of the Self Workshop
Sat., 11/03/2017, 8:30 am – Sun., 12/03/2017, 6:00 pm AEDT
Dr. André Mauricio Monteiro from Brazil, will be coming to Sydney to teach his methods of using Brainspotting with Dissociation and Ego States.
Dr. Monteiro is a clinical psychologist, EMDR Trainer and a Brainspotting Supervisor/Expert in Brazil. He is a Psychologist with the University of Brasilia and holds a PhD in Psychology.
He is fluent in English and is an excellent trainer.
*Pre-requisite is completion of an in-person Phase One Brainspotting (BSP International Approved) Training.
The Workshop will include:
- Trauma - from the recognition of fantasy avoidance to recognition of real life disruption.
- Dissociation - reaction to continuous traumatization or negligence/abandonment
- Dissociated memory and dissociated parts of the self
- Internal Family System
- Structural Dissociation
- Overwhelming and Unloading
- Differentiation and Integration
- Internal blocked channels of communication
- Meeting Point
- Creating Internal differences - to feel a part/to observe a part
- Indirect interaction with a part - the Self as the spokesperson
- Direct interaction with a part
- Spotting the Self and Spotting the Part - orienting to the present
- Multifocal Brainspotting
- Geographic Brainspotting