SYD & MEL Food Bloggers Spring Picnic
Saturday, October 9, 2010 from 12:30 PM to 5:00 PM (AEDT)
Sydney & Melbourne Foodbloggers' Spring Picnic
It's Spring time!
Feel the breeze in your hair, absorb the sunshine on your face, smell the freshly cut grass and let's embrace the new season with love, friendship and of course - FOOD!
For the first time in history, we are going to held a concurrent Sydney & Melbourne Food Bloggers' Spring Picnic in both cities on the Saturday, 9th October 2010! Bring a plate, sunscreen and picnic rug, put your "Mad Hat" on, come and let us rejoice on a glorious day filled with food, fun and laughter.
Sydney - Event Information
Event Date: Saturday, 9th October 2010
Time: 12.30pm till late
Location: For privacy reasons, details of venue will be sent to your via email
once you have registered.
Dress Code: Mad Hatter theme, casual with a fancy hat.
What to bring: BYO drinks and it is a pot luck picnic, so please bring a small dish to share
What and How
- All food bloggers are encouraged to cook/bake ONE DISH only, savoury or sweet, is up to you.
- The dish has to be created by you, NOT your friend, store bought or pre-processed/cooked.
- Only food bloggers are allowed to enter to win the prize. Family/friends are encouraged to help food bloggers with their cooking endeavours but not to partake.
- You are welcomed to create the dish ties in with the 'Mad Hatter' theme, but not important.
- You do not have to wait for the judges to come and taste your food before others do. Feel free to share with others and simply save us a small portion for judging will do.
- There will be a lot of dishes to judge on that day, so please be patient and we will try to run the process as fast as we can.
- Judges in Sydney - Billy Law @ A Table For Two, Karen @ Citrus and Candy, Sarah from Nuffnang. Judges in Melbourne - Michele @ Iron Chef Shellie, Penny @ Jeroxie, Thahn @ I eat therefore I am, Vanessa from Nuffnang.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Prizes are non transferable or refundable.
- Most importantly, have fun!
Get creative and wow us! Some amazing prices will be awarded:
- Overall Best Dish of Syd & Mel Food Bloggers Spring Picnic 2010
- Best Savoury (1st and 2nd runner up)
- Best Sweet/Dessert (1st and 2nd runner up)
- Best Mad Hatters (2 x craziest hatters)
- Most Outrageous "Blue" Dish (yes, cook something 'blue'!)
Thanks to all our sponsors to make it happen!
1. Who are invited to the Sydney Food Bloggers' Spring Picnic?
This is a "Food Bloggers ONLY" event.
2. Where is the picnic?
The picnic will be held at a local park in your city. However for security and privacy reasons, you will be notified via email where the exact location is once you have registered for the event.
3. What should I bring to share with fellow food bloggers?
Anything you like! It is a spring picnic, simple finger foods are always the best options. Girls (or boys), it's time to dust off the tea-set that has never seen daylight for yoinks and enjoy an afternoon tea with everyone over a slice of cake, or a warm scone with cream and jam.
4. I am from another state but I am a food blogger, can I still come?
If you are happened to be in one of the two cities, yes of course you can come and join us!
5. What the "Mad Hatter" theme is all about? Do I have to dress up?
Spring picnic, tea party, whatever you want to call it, we want everyone to enjoy themselves and feel like being captured in a wonderland of deliciousness. Food bloggers are encouraged to wear a hat, the fancier the better.
6. Can I take photos of other food bloggers and post it on my blog?
Of course you can take as many photos as you like at the picnic! That's what food bloggers do right? But some food bloggers are shy and would prefer to stay anonymous without revealing their faces on interweb. So please contact certain food bloggers if you have their faces in the photos that you would like to use and ask for permission before uploading the images onto your blogs.
7. I still have questions about the picnic, how can I contact you?
You can email Billy (A Table For Two) directly using his email billy [at] atablefortwo [dot] com [dot] au
For Melbourne Food Bloggers, please register at this link - http://melbournemadhatter.eventbrite.com/
When & Where
A Table For Two, Citrus And Candy, Jeroxie, Iron Chef Shellie, I Eat Therefore I Am
We are Sydney and Melbourne Food Bloggers.