Sikh Youth Australia's 19th Annual Summer Camp 2017
When: 3rd January - 8th January 2017
Where: Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation, Wakehurst Parkway, Narrabeen 2102, NSW, Sydney, Australia
**(Offer Ends 19th November 2016)**
*Interstate Discounts are available (except ACT) - Contact us directly
The Famous SYA Summer Camp
SYA has successfully run annual summer youth camps since 1999. Now in its 19th year running the SYA summer youth camp is an opportunity to make new friends and have fun, while also having the ability to immerse in knowledge and understanding of Sikhism.
By the end of the camp each participant, no matter how young or old, will leave with at least one thing they didn’t have before they arrived, whether they have learnt something new, created a new friendship or discovered something about themselves!
Each year a team of international facilitators share their knowledge, educate and inspire our youth through katha, workshops, multimedia presentations and open discussions. This is all done in an interactive, fun and relaxed learning environment with English as the primary medium.
Facilitators for 2017 Summer Camp:
- Giani Sukhdaiv Singh (Malaysia)
- Veer Hari Singh (New Zealand)
- Dya Singh (Melbourne)
- Veer Manpreet Singh (UK)
- Prof. Jaswant Singh (India)
- Gurmukh Singh (Malaysia)
- Sukhdeep Singh (L-Fresh The Lion, Sydney)
- Amandeep Singh (Inkquisitive Illustration, UK)
*ALL facilitators maintain a relaxed, non-judgemental environment where questions and discussions are encouraged. While the main medium is English, ALL facilitators speak BOTH English & Punjabi.
- Curriculum focused on learning the core basics of Sikhi, in a fun, entertaining and nurturing environment!
- Adventure activities are organised every afternoon including; sailing, canoeing, rope courses, archery, swimming, basketball & soccer.
- Fun and Interactive sessions/workshops for children under the age of 10 years
- Each participant is allocated a Jatha for the duration of the camp - taking part in daily competitions, challenges, activities, sewa and kirtan.
- Encouraged and fostered to meet, share and grow with others of their own age and learn about the Sikh religion & heritage.
- Sports/Drama/Discussions and Cultural Activities provide an opportunity for all youth to show their skills, passions and talent.
- Challenging and engaging seminars to learn about Gurbani, and gain a deeper understanding of Sikhi, History and the way in which Sikhi fits into a modern context.
- Daily discussion groups with other adults on interesting and contemporary topics.
- Kirtan & Katha sessions presented in BOTH English & Punjabi.
- Santhiya classes are also run to help improve your knowledge of Paath and Gurbani
** ALL Registrations Close 30 December 2016 **
“It was my first camp and I really enjoyed myself. We had a a lot of interesting activies like indoor soccer, drama night and discussion sessions about seva and Sikhism. It was great fun! – Mighty Khalsa Youth
“A most exciting, educational and enjoyable experience. I was overwhelmed at the
varied communication styles used to instil the value of sikhi into our youths.”
– Sardar Udam Singh, Grandparent.
“When my children sat in the car after the 2009 camp, they asked ‘When are we coming back?’ ” - Amardeep Kaur, Parent
“The calibre and nature of facilitators was outstanding… very friendly, easy to talk to and non-judgemental.” - University Student
Giani Sukhdaiv Singh
Prof. Jaswant Singh
Veer Hari Singh
Veer Manpreet Singh