San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
This workshop is proudly presented by Manly Council's "Dream... Inspire... Grow... DIG Manly Live Greener - sustainable living workshops & events program" and is supported by the Manly Chamber of Commerce.
How did a small café save $11,000
in their electricity bill in just one year?
How did a hotel reduce its water consumption
by 20% and achieve huge cost savings?
Sustainability at Work Director, Melissa Houghton will present this interactive workshop and will:
- describe how your business can improve their profitability by going green
- show you some simple strategies that can help you cut your costs quickly
- explain the longer term financial benefits of adopting green practices
- provide detailed case studies from businesess across Sydney and NSW that have already improved their financial performance by adopting green business strategies
- explain how you can access government grants to help you integrate sustainability into your everyday business operations.
The presentation will conclude with an open forum where local business owners can explore opportunities for co-operation and collaboration to achieve financial benefits through sustainability initiatives.
Melissa Houghton is an experienced strategic communicator with a passion for sustainability. Mel did her apprenticeship in some big corporates such as Telstra and News Ltd but always longed to ‘leave the world better than when she arrived’. Her role at the Green Building Council of Australia set her on a path to help businesses on their sustainability journey.
Mel co-founded Sustainability at Work in 2010, a consultancy which develops strategies for businesses to embed sustainability into their organisations culture. She gets her kicks from working with businesses who are passionate about what they do, are willing to tackle the big questions and challenges and who put their hands up to change.
When & Where
Manly Council Environmental Programs
Sustainability Education Projects
D: 9976 1654