Actions and Detail Panel
Storytelling for Leaders
Mon. 21 November 2016, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm AEDT
At Storywell we believe that at some point, everyone will be a leader. If you have a vision and wish to see that vision realized, then you must exercise leadership skills. But a leader must communicate their vision to others in a meaningful way. You may be able to articulate your vision through power-point presentations loaded with data and evidence, but nothing conveys one’s purpose and value better than a story.
Through a mix of presentations and exercises, Storywell’s StoryLead workshop will introduce you to the fundamental aspects of storytelling, and help you to begin crafting your own story to use in your leadership toolbox.
What you’ll do:
• Learn the fundamental principles of story structure as well as the ingredients of good storytelling.
• Learn how to mine your professional history for significant moments of transformation and transition, otherwise known as “Story Events”.
• Examine some of the techniques you can use to engage audiences and create-buy-in with your story.
• Learn how to construct a clear narrative around these story events. • Learn about the importance of empathy, humility and mindfulness in storytelling.
• Discover key tools and skills to deliver your story with confidence, and have fun in the process.
By the end of the work shop you will understand the fundamental principles of storytelling and have learnt how to structure and deliver a story that is authentic and impactful.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Knowma is in the Free tram zone can can be reached on the 11 or 48 from stop D18 There is some street parking mostly 2 hours.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
bring pens, paper, dinner or a snack
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Can I update my registration information?