Actions and Detail Panel
Stop Male Suicide in New South Wales seminar
Wed. 17 May 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm AEST
Suicide kills more than fifty men a month in New South Wales and costs the economy at estimated $3.7B a year.
Men and boys in New South Wales are three times more likely to take their own lives than women and girls.
If you are concerned about this issue, then please join us for this free one day seminar in Sydney on Wednesday 17th May.
We want to invite everyone who is passionate about and committed to stopping male suicide to come and take part in this event, so we can share our experience and learn from each other.
Speakers will include:
- Dr Tanveer Ahmed, author of Fragile Nation
- Pete Nicholls, Board Member at Parents Beyond Breakup
- Jane Massa, Sydney Local Health District, speaking on older men and loneliness
- Zac Seidler, University of Sydney and The Man Island project
- Shane McNamara, Co-Founder and Director at Survivors & Mates Support Network: SAMSN
- Grahame Coote, found of the MENZART project
- Kieran Toohey, Case Manager/Field Officer, MATES in Construction
- Glen Poole, The Stop Male Suicide project