Actions and Detail Panel
STEAM Ahead- Cross curriculum approach to computational thinking in the pri...
Wed. 14 June 2017, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm AEST
Looking for great ideas to teach STEAM in your classroom?
During this five hour professional development course teachers will;
• Develop an understanding of digital technologies and new pedagogical approaches to enhance learning and teaching practice.
• Curate online resources that will engage and enhance teachers and students knowledge and understanding of computational thinking across curriculum.
• Plan a learning sequence that will engage students and promote understanding of computational thinking.
• Explore innovative learning opportunities that will provide context and opportunity for whole school community involvement.
• Identify online communities and collaborative networks to extend their professional learning networks.
Completing the STEAM ahead - cross curriculum approach to computational thinking in the primary classroom workshop will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 2.2.2, 3.2.2, 3.4.2, 3.7.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.