Actions and Detail Panel
SoSAFE! User Training : Canberra ACT
Thu. 10 August 2017, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm AEST
Become a SoSAFE! Registered User
SHFPACT Canberra : 10 August 2017
SoSAFE! is a set of visual and conceptual tools designed to promote social safety for people with an Intellectual Disability (moderate to severe range) and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
SoSAFE! tools encourage social safety through the provision of a simplified and rule-governed model of social reality that teaches the type and degree of verbal and physical intimacy appropriate with different categories of people.
If you are considering a group booking, please contact us at email@example.com or call 02 6247 3077 and we may be able to tailor dates to suit your group.
If you have a NDIS package, please DO NOT USE this booking system. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6247 3077
SoSAFE! Training receivables:
• Full day course (includes morning & afternoon tea)
• One copy of the SoSAFE! Manual
• SoSAFE! CD-ROM Resource Kit
• Licence to produce SoSAFE! materials for up to 50 clients at a time
• SoSAFE! Certificate
The SoSAFE! Tools (together with SoSAFE! Certified Training) provide teachers, trainers and counsellors with skills and simple visual tools to enhance the social, social-sexual and social safety training of people with moderate to severe intellectual disability.
SoSAFE! uses a standardised framework of symbols, visual teaching tools and concepts to teach strategies for moving into intimate relationships in a safe and measured manner, and provides visual communication tools for reporting physical or sexual abuse.
SoSAFE! training includes:
• Overview of SoSAFE! Tools
• Lesson Sequence of SoSAFE! concepts and teaching strategies
• Myths and misconceptions and the importance of social safety education
• Typical learning characteristics of people with MSID
• Cognitive development of people with MSID
• Validation of social safety programs (Freda Briggs framework, how SoSAFE! aligns)
• Lots of opportunities for questions & clarification
The one day SoSAFE! User Training is an essential part of the SoSAFE! Program and introduces teachers, counsellors and disability workers with the framework and rationale behind SoSAFE! and equips them with the visual tools, lesson plans and skills to implement this integrated framework for teaching relationships, sexuality and sexual health to people with a moderate to severe intellectual disability.
More about SoSAFE at: