Actions and Detail Panel
(sold out) Clothing Swap for Fashion Revolution Week
Thu. 27 April 2017, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm AEST
Have a bunch of clothes you don't wear anymore that are still in great condition? Swap them for something 'new'!
The swap will be held at Camperdown Commons. We will have tables for adult women's and men's clothing and shoes.
- Bring up to six quality items of clothing that are clean and undamaged (accessories such as belts and shoes are okay, but please do not bring jewellery).
- Drop them off between 6-7pm. You will be given one token for each item of clothing that you bring.
- While the clothes are being sorted and arranged, have some nibbles and mingle with other swappers.
- The swap starts at 7pm. Participants will be allowed into the swap area and can choose any items. You can take one item for each token that you receive - e.g. if you bring four items of clothing you will get four tokens and can take up to four 'new' items.
- Once you've chosen your 'new' items, a swap volunteer will take your tokens at the exit. Take your new clothes home and enjoy!
We will not accept items that are dirty, torn, stained or in poor condition. We will not accept items in bulk -- this is for up to six good quality items that are swapped for other items, not for clothes being dropped off for charity.
*This workshop is hosted by Inner West Council as part of the Treading Lightly program.
Terms & Conditions
This workshop is part of the Treading Lightly program, which is a partnership between Burwood, Canada Bay, Inner West and Strathfield Councils. Residents of these council areas will be given priority for bookings.
When booking, please provide the correct information. Without this information, we will be unable to confirm registration to this event. We reserve the right to cancel any registrations with false or incomplete information. Your information will only be used to verify attendance and to contact you regarding your attendance or participation in this program.
If you are registering for more than one person, you must supply the name, contact and home address for each person.
Individuals may register for a maximum of 5 events in each 6-month calendar.
Please note that if you register for the event but find you are unable to attend, you must advise the event organiser as soon as possible and cancel at least 48 hours prior to the event so that places can be offered to others on the waiting list. Non-attendance at events will result in individual bookings being given lower priority booking status. Two or more no-shows in the 6-month calendar will result in the participant being denied first-preference bookings for the following 6-month calendar.