Actions and Detail Panel
Social Media, Networking and BNI Workshop (Geelong)
Tue. 25 October 2016, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm AEDT
Social Media is hands down one of the most powerful tools you have at your disposal in business. LinkedIn is no longer just an online CV, it can now be leveraged to highlight you and your personal brand, allowing you to drive sales within your business, and referrals for your fellow BNI members.
This highly interactive workshop will take you through what it takes to get the most out of LinkedIn and Facebook as a BNI member:
- How to optimise your profile to start making the connections you want.
- The power of recommendations and how to use them.
- Using groups to expand your network and build your credibility.
- How to research your ideal referral online so you can ask for them by name.
- How to use LinkedIn during an action-oriented One-to-One to increase referrals and closed business for yourself and fellow members.
- How to increase visitors to your chapter with proven techniques on Social Media
- How to connect the dots to generate profitable referrals on Social Media
- The value of Personal and business profiles.
And most importantly - how to take it from connection to coffee to business!
NB: you must bring a fully powered laptop or iPad to this workshop. No power will be available. WiFi is available but we advise you to bring your own connectivity as speeds will be low and may reduce your ability to fully experience this workshop.
This highly ineractive session will be delivered by Simone Douglas, BNI Australia's very own Social Media Manager and South Australia's BNI Member of the Year for 2015!
Refreshingly, Simone Douglas of Social Media AOK doesn’t pretend to have all the answers – however, she does know ‘the space’ intimately and will take us on a journey through the social media minefield and open up a robust discussion about the who, what, why, where and when of social media. Having delivered Social Media Training around the country for organisations such as the Commonwealth Attorney Generals Depatment, Hepatitis Australia, JAS ANZ, Brand South Australia, the Australian Psychological Society, SAHMRI, Flinders University, Qualcon, and more, we are pleased to have secured her to deliver this hands on training to help you get the most out of BNI for your business.
Simone Douglas is the CEO of Social Media AOK, a specialist in the world of Social Media and Adelaide’s BNI Member of the Year for 2015 having sponsored in 16 members in the last 4 years. A two time Telstra business awards finalist and Chair of the State Advisory Committee for the Australian Marketing Institute, with over 20 years’ experience in corporate training, change management and business process improvement she has a serious track record in explaining Social Media and its business applications in plain English with practical steps to implement both on LinkedIn and Facebook.