This face-to-face deep dive course provides a thorough understanding of the rules and requirements applying to Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangements (LRBAs) in SMSFs. You will learn how to properly structure these arrangements and how to avoid common issues and pitfalls that often arise during the establishment phase. Alternative financing structures that can often produce similar outcomes to an LRBA are also discussed along with related party loans and the ATO’s safe harbour guidelines.
What you will learn
You will gain technical knowledge, skill and understanding in:
- Restrictions on underlying assets, holding trust considerations, financing issues and other related legislative considerations
- Trust deed and investment strategy considerations
- Alternative property acquisition strategies for SMSFs and their applicability to client scenarios
- Associated strategies including debt forgiveness
- How to calculate catch-up loan repayments and make other adjustments to related party loans to comply with the ATO’s safe harbour guidelines.
Mark Ellem, Executive Manager, SMSF Technical Services
- This is an interactive 3.5 hour workshop with group discussion and detailed case studies
- Afternoon tea is included
- Your learning is supported with a detailed reference manual.
The Masterclass is $275 (inc GST), including afternoon tea and (optional) assessment
For additional CPD points there are 20 optional multiple choice questions which you must get a minimum of 60% correct to gain the extra points. This will be emailed to you and can be completed online after attending the course
3 SMSF Association CPD points
3 FPA points
3 CPE points
4.5 SMSF Association CPD points
3.75 FPA points
3.75 CPE points
1:15pm - Registration
1:30pm - Masterclass starts
3:00pm - Afternoon tea
3:30pm - Masterclass resumes
5:00pm - Masterclass ends
For more information on this course and other 2016 course dates, please click here.
Cancellation and refund policy
Host cancellation policy: To ensure the class is interactive, the number of attendees is capped and a minimum number is required in order to proceed, otherwise it may be necessary to cancel or postpone the event. Please note the below policies for each of these circumstances:
Host cancellation policy:
- Cancelled: The customer is fully refunded.
- Postponed: The customer is invited to attend the new date and the ticket is transferred accordingly, if the date is unacceptable to the customer there is a full refund.
Customer cancellation policy:
If the customer cancellation to the course is:
- Over 4 weeks prior to the course date: A full refund of the course fees will be made.
- 2- 4 weeks prior to the course date: A 50% cancellation fee applies.
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course date: There is no refund.