Let’s face it, it is a big undertaking to start a new business, but with the right planning and advice you can maximise your chances of success. This workshop will provide you with an overview of the key factors you need to consider before starting a business.
What will you get:
- How to critically evaluate your business idea (resource kit)
- Business structures (sole traders, companies, trusts and partnerships)
- Finding and securing your business name and other intellectual property
- Options for funding your business
- Finding a good accountant, getting an ABN, understanding GST & BAS obligations
- Developing a simple business plan and setting a budget for revenue and expenses
- Understanding the value of a mentor or business advisor
This workshop is suitable for:
Anyone in the process of starting a new business or in business less than two years.
What previous attendees said about this workshop:
10/10 "Today's workshop was extremely informative providing sound advice to small business in best way to start up and manage the growth of the business." - Joanne Stefanovic
10/10 "Lots of information and great insights into what to expect and plan when starting a business." - Jessica Mooney
9/10 "I have gained more clarity on starting a new business and become more confident. Great presentation and networking." - Ganesan Sinniah
About the presenter:
Jeremy Carter is the CEO of Rapport Leadership International in Australia. Jeremy started his career as a computer engineer and worked his way up to being the Oceania Managing Director of international technology company, National Instruments. In the subsequent two years, he increased revenue by 62% without increasing headcount. Since leaving the corporate world, he has worked for twelve years as a leading business and executive coach, winning numerous awards and recognition for both himself and his clients.