The NSW Department of Industry is inviting all interested parties to a session to explore market interest and capacity to deliver a $65 million youth employment program. Part of the recently announced $100 million Smart, Skilled and Hired initiative, this program will help young people and local businesses in Western Sydney, the Central Coast, Hunter, New England, North West and North Coast regions in NSW.
The Youth Employment program links eligible 15 to 24 year olds who are not in the labour force or who are under employed with local employers and industry, to connect them with training, support and jobs. Options to assist them to improve their employment situation, or address barriers to securing sustainable employment will also be explored.
Young people who are existing clients of government human and social services will be a priority group for this program.
We are striving for innovative service design and delivery by partnering with industry, business, NGOs and other government agencies. This includes outcomes-based contracting and experimenting with new approaches.
Feedback from business and industry on the proposed Smart, Skilled and Hired Youth Employment program will be key to its success and the NSW Department of Industry welcomes your involvement.
There is no obligation and if you’re unable to participate at this stage, it will not affect your opportunity to participate in any future procurement stages of the program.
Market sounding objectives
- To provide an open and transparent process to engage relevant sectors and interested parties
- To obtain views and suggestions and provide the market with an opportunity to advise of any challenges or concerns
- To gauge the level of market interest
- To ascertain the capability and capacity to deliver the program
- To assist in formulating further stages of the program and provide input on program design