Do you feel confident to lead a small group activity with your clients or volunteers? Have you mastered the subtle ‘art’ of facilitation?
This engaging workshop covers the theory and practice of person-centred group facilitation, exploring the practical methods of group leadership as well as the finer skills and confidence needed for preparation, delivery and review.
With a focus on becoming an ‘artist’ of facilitation, the workshop delivery will model the subtle, process driven ‘soft’ skills of facilitative teaching. We will also discuss the use and effectiveness of experiential learning activities and will provide interactive participation opportunities in various real group experiences.
Group work skills are dynamic and multifaceted, and are applicable across a broad range of activities, including leading client group ‘outings’, special interest sessions and/or leisure activities to training other staff members or volunteers in your team.
- Understanding the benefits of good facilitation
- Planning principles, including variety of resources, activities and structures
- Beginning effectively, including choice of ice-breakers, warm ups and engagement techniques
- Promoting and supporting participation
- Stages of group development and negotiating group dynamics
- Practice techniques for dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions & difficult people in a group setting (conflicts, domination, apathy etc)
Who should participate?
Staff, volunteers, manager and coordinators working in Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)/Disability funded services are highly encouraged to attend.
About the facilitators
Sin Mariani and Rebecca Davis (VAST Training Servies)
When & Where
The Junction Neighbourhood Centre
VAST Training Services specialises in the delivery of Learning and Development opportunities for Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and disability funded services' staff, managers, board members and volunteers across Eastern Sydney and City of Sydney.
We provide face to face courses, managers' breakfasts, volunteer training, customised training opportunities, including, "Tailored for Tomorrow" and new 90min Turbo Training workshops!