San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Silicon Lakes invites you to our launch event at our new premise at the Robina Community Centre.
About Silicon Lakes
Silicon Lakes is a new not-for-profit organisation that offers co-working space, an incubator program, plus training and mentoring services for tech start-ups, particularly in the app and web development spaces. Following on from the success of App Comp last year, Silicon Lakes is now opening it’s doors on a new co-working space at Robina.
Whether you are a developer, designer, programmer, entrepreneur, investor, or “idea dreamer”, then come along and meet the local tech start-up community.
We’ll give you a quick presentation on Silicon Lakes and our plans, followed by a short presentation from a patent attorney with tips on protecting the intellectual property in your apps or software. Then it’s mostly a chance to mingle and socialise with others.
Please register your attendance above.
- Official opening of Silicon Lakes by Ray Stevens MP (Assistant Minister to the Premier on eGovernment).
- Speech by Councillor Jan Grew, Division 11, Chair of the Economic Development and Tourism Committee, and a member of the Community and Cultural Development Committee, and Commonwealth Games and Major Projects Committee.
- Introduction and overview of Silicon Lakes by Aaron Birkby, Director at Silicon Lakes.
- IP protection for software, web and apps by Alistair Smith, Partner at Davies Collison Crave.
- Tours of the new premises; networking and socialising.
Other news beyond the event....
Our co-working space opens from Tuesday 12th March. We have 12 desks available, so please feel free to reserve your desk via the booking form on our website. But be quick as they are filling fast.
Our incubator program will be launching in April. We are currently accepting applications for the first intake of our incubator program via our website. We are looking for tech start-ups and entrepreneurs with great ideas for new products and services. The purpose of the incubator is to get start-ups ready for investment and launch.
Our App Lab Project is also just kicking off. The first project, titled "Social Impact Open-Data App" aims to create a social utility app using Government open data sources. We are looking for participants from all backgrounds to come and contribute to the project. Come and be part of an app that will hopefully add value to the community. Again, you can register your interest for the project via the website.
To get involved, or to find out more, visit www.siliconlakes.com.au.
When & Where
Silicon Lakes is a not-for-profit startup incubator and accelerator based at Varsity Lakes on the Gold Coast.