Starting 4th October - 29th November
6.15-7.30 Tuesday nights @ Kingaroy State High School Assembly hall
* A Gi(uniform) must be worn for this class
If you have ever wanted to learn Karate-Do or some form of Self defence but have been put off by the thought of discipline, head banging sport Karate, high kicks, and the untouchable Black Belts then I may have a new possibility for you.
Shogen-Ryu Karate-Do is a branch of one of the oldest forms of Karate in the world. This art is from the homeland of Karate, Okinawa. Okinawan Karate is VERY different from mainland Japan where all of the misconceptions about Karate comes from. Okinawan Karate is more relaxed and a very loose style which makes it ideal for anyone of any ability to be able to learn with ease.
We start this class with a Flexibility warm up which surprisingly in just 2 weeks you will notice the difference in your mobility. Moving onto the Fundamentals of Shogen-Ryu which builds the foundations and core techniques of this style. Through repetition of the basics, all that is left to do is transfer this skill you have learnt into practising the Kata which is a sequence of moves that has self defence embedded into them.
Learning Shogen-Ryu is something you can start at any age and practise well into your 80's. Our relaxed and fun learning environment with help you gain core strength, awareness, confidence, enhance your judgement and your natural ability to defend yourself
- Term Fee $65 for this term we usually work on $8 per class
- Annual Admin & Insurance fee of $60 payable the 1st week of term
- Grading $30 per grading( 2 per year) a badge is issued on completion of first grading
* I do offer a sliding scale for additional family members contact Tanya on 0419945194 to discuss your options