Actions and Detail Panel
Setting students on the Autism Spectrum up for Success in the Primary Setti...
Wed. 14 June 2017, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm ACST
Are you a Mainstream Primary School teacher? Will you have a student in your class with Autism Spectrum Disorder? This is the workshop for you! Designed by teachers, this day is designed to give teachers the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to support students on the autism spectrum in the classroom environment.
Topic covered include-
• Introduction to the Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Information processing and how to enhance
• Proactively reducing the likelihood of challenging behaviour
• Enhancing communication
• Developing social understanding
• Understanding sensory processing and the impact on a child
Links to Australian Professional Standards for Teachers 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6,3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 6.1, 6.2, 6.4, 7.4