Actions and Detail Panel
Setting students on the Autism Spectrum up for success in the Primary Setti...
Wed. 22 February 2017, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm ACDT
Are you a Mainstream Primary School teacher? Will you have a student in your class on the autism spectrum? This is the workshop for you! Designed by teachers, this day is designed to give teachers the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to support students on the autism spectrum in the classroom environment. Presented by two facilitators with extensive experience in the autism and educational sectors this workshop is presented to a small group of participants.
Topic covered include-
• Understanding the autism spectrum including the diagnostic criteria and the unique profile of strengths and challenges
• The Information processing profile and how to enhance within the classroom environment
• Proactively reducing the likelihood of challenging behaviour
• Enhancing communication by using practical strategies
• Developing social understanding and inclusion
• Understanding sensory processing and the impact on a child in the classroom
This workshop offers participants a great opportunity to network, share ideas and set goals for the future with
This workshop links to the Australian Professional Development of Standards - 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6,3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 6.1, 6.2, 6.4, 7.4. Participants will recieve a certificate with these and the hours identified on the day.