Want to learn how to master WordPress SEO?
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is essential if you want your WordPress website to get most visits from Google organic searches. Learn how to setup and use SEO on your own website. You'll leave training knowing how to optimise your WordPress website for maximum SEO benefits.
This practical training is perfect for anyone that wants to know how to setup and manage their own SEO. Why spend a fortune for someone else to do it when you can do it yourself? Learn what the organizations at the top of Google are doing.
"Gary was amazing to work with, he really knew his stuff. Very informative and simple. Thanks GARY!!!" Karen, Brisbane
Small business owners, not-for-profit organisations, marketers for large companies as well as bloggers will all get great results from this training. During training we'll work on a basic WordPress website and install the most popular WordPress SEO plugin, Yoast SEO. It will be demonstrated how to get maximum SEO results from your content, WordPress itself and the Yoast SEO plugin. Bring your laptop and work on your website during this class.
Level: Basic and intermediate.
Learn the following and more:
- What Google looks for.
- SEO terminology and what it all means.
- Getting results from content.
- On-page and off-page SEO.
- Understanding, selecting and using keywords in your content.
- The relationship between Social Media and SEO.
- Relevant sections of Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster).
- Why blogging is great for SEO.
- Setup Yoast SEO plugin the correct way (and avoid harmful settings).
- Linking strategies and how to avoid being blacklisted by Google.
- How to speed up your website for better SEO.
- and much more ...
What you need to bring:
- A laptop: Bring along your laptop so that you can practice what is learnt and complete various simple tasks.
- Your WordPress website login details (Ensure that you have Administrator permissions and that you're able to install and activate plugins).
During training all examples will involve a basic wordpress.org website (also called self-hosted) using the default WordPress theme (Twenty Seventeen) and the free Yoast SEO plugin (which we'll install and configure during training).
Note: Attendee numbers are limited so please book early to avoid missing out. Two hours parking is availbale at the training premises with free all day parking available in surrounding streets.
Internet, coffee and a light lunch will be provided.