Actions and Detail Panel
Tue., 08/11/2016, 9:00 am – Wed., 09/11/2016, 5:30 pm AEDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
On November 8 2016, SEA will host a one-day summit in Melbourne to further raise awareness of how the sporting industry can limit its impact on the environment. The #SEASummit 2016 will not only focus on sport within Australasia, but also the international sporting industry, with a heavy emphasis on how a collective and collaborate approach can lead to change.
#SEASummit 2016 delegates will also go behind the scenes to tour one of the following, MCG, Yarra Park Water Recycled Treatment Facility or Australia's first LEED certified, Margaret Court Arena, taking the rare opportunity to see best practice in sustainability first hand.
Who will attend #SEASummit 2016?
- National Sporting Associations
- State & Community Sporting Associations
- Federal, State & Local Government
- Facility Managers
- Sustainable Service Providers
Who will inspire at #SEASummit 2016?
- Joost Bakker - Sustainability Warrior
- Peter Wearne, General Manager Facilities, Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Richard Griffiths, Chief Operating Officer, Greater Western Sydney Giants
- James Reid, Senior Manager Flemington Event Operations, Victoria Racing Club
- Peter Clinton, Chief Executive, Cricket Wellington
- Andrew Monk, Chairman, Enervest Pty Ltd
- Kim LeCerf, Team Leader Low Carbon Future, City of Melbourne
- Katie Mee, Masters Swimming Australia, National Greening Committee
- Anthony White, General Manager, Kooringal Golf Club
- Mike King, Principal and Structural Engineer, ARUP
- David Cooke, Urban Designer / Architect at City Collective
And many other eco-leaders!
Facility Tours -
Scheduled in the #SEASummit 2016 agenda, delegates will have the option to tour one of three facilities in Melbourne. Please select your preferred tour option during the registration process. Tours will leave from the #SEASummit 2016 venue and be hosted from 1:20-2:00pm.
OPTION 1 - Melbourne Cricket Ground - Water Recycling Facility
Victoria's largest underground water recycling facility is located in Yarra Park, directly outside the MCG. The water plant, funded by the MCC ($18 million) and Victorian Government ($6 million), treats sewage from the local sewerage network to Class A recycled water standards. Limited to 30 delegates.
OPTION 2 - Margaret Court Arena
Margaret Court Arena is the first sport and entertainment arena in Australia to receive a LEED Gold certification. Margaret Court Arena, which was designed and built by Lend Lease, achieved high performance in sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency and materials selection.
OPTION 3 - Melbourne Cricket Ground - Back of House Eco - Tour
Go behind the scenes of Melbourne's iconic MCG and be given an exclusive insight into the eco - efforts being made on site. Melbourne Cricket Club is a proud Foundation Member of Sports Environment Alliance.
Plus, that's not all. The #SEASummit 2016 will have a silent auction with so many incredible items up for grabs!
Do you want to #SEAtheChange?
The #SEASummit 2016 will equip you with the knowledge to:
- better understand what built environment changes can be made to minimise environmental impact (water, energy, material use) and engender commercial and social outcomes through shared insight
- strategise and design eco-action from procurement decisions to materials management through presented national and international case studies
and, at the #SEASummit 2016, you will have the opportunity to build your network to:
- connect with a diverse range of key stakeholders who can support your eco-journey
- foster a nexus of relationships that can engage both individuals and our organisation to lead to real environmental impact for your local and the global community
This year, we are celebrating at the #SEASummit 2016 the good work being done across our communities to minimise our impact. Sport is a vehicle for social and environmental good, and your efforts, big or small, to reduce energy, water and material use should be lauded.
The #SEAChangeSolutions Award will occur during the #SEASummit 2016, giving delegates another opportunity to gain knowledge about the good work already happening and celebrate the achievements of community sporting clubs, venues/facilities and organising bodies who make efforts to minimise their environmental footprint.
More information and to apply for a #SEAChangeSolutions Award -
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Jolimont Station - 5 minute stroll through Yarra Park to the MCG.
Richmond Station - longer walk past the Punt Road Oval to the Great Southern Stand side.
No. 75 Stop 11: (City-Vermont South) travels along Flinders St and connects with the eastern suburbs via Wellington Parade.
No. 48 Stop 11: (Docklands/City-North Balwyn) travels along Collins Street and connects with the eastern suburbs via Wellington Parade. Both these routes stop just outside the MCG.
No. 70 Stop 7C: (Docklands/City-Wattle Park) travels along Flinders Street then detours via Melbourne Park and the tram stop is a short walk across the footbridge to the ground.
Bus Route Stop 4: 246
- Between Gates 3 and 4
- Near the bus turning circle on the corner of Jolimont Street and Jolimont Terrace
- At the junction of the MCG concourse and the footbridge outside Gate 1
Limited parking at MCG (depending on availability). Please indicate during the #SEASummit 2016 registration process if you would like a car park at MCG.
Melbourne & Olympics Parks Parking - prebook.mopt.vic.gov.au
Please consider the environment when choosing your transport to and from the #SEASummit 2016
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
What is the refund policy?
- If, after booking for #SEASummit 2016 you are unable to attend, you are welcome to nominate someone else to attend in your place.
- Please advise substitutions via email so a correct name tag will be available at registration.
- Cancellation before 9 September 2016: 100% refund
- Cancellation before 7 October 2016: 80% refund
- Cancellation after 25 October 2016, no refund
Please note: No refunds will be given after October 25, 2016.
Written requests for substitution or cancellation must be emailed to email@example.com.
Can I update my registration information?
Please send any updates to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25 2016.