Bookings open on Monday 3 October 2016
Each year in NSW we throw away $2.5 billion worth of edible food - that’s 315 kilos per household OR $1,036 per household! What waste do you have around your home? During this workshops we will do an overview of how to audit your home waste bin.
- Shopping – tips
- Portion sizes
- Left over food, what to do with it
- What kind of food waste
- Can you freeze it?
- What’s the difference ‘Use by’ and ‘Best before’
- Storing food safely
- No Waste Lunch and plastic food wrap
- Quick and easy stock recipes to liven up leftovers
- Quick and easy spice mix recipes to spice up leftovers
- Build a box veggie and herb garden
- Sprouting – how to sprout
Can you avoid buying plastic?
- Where does plastic come from
- Do we need to buy a different product for every cleaning job
- Recycled your containers
- Make 3 everyday cleaning products; effective, non toxic and easy to make
Ideas to re-use plastic bottles:
- Make Vertical Garden
- Grow veggies and herbs
- BBQ Fly traps – NO nasties used